Friday, September 12, 2008

Fall Is in the Air

Sorry I have not posted in awhile. We have already had a busy September!
Over Labor day weekend we went camping in Star Valley with my family. It was fun.
Saturday day we went on our traditional family bike ride where we pick a canyon and just ride. I love enjoying the beauty that God created and I love it that we do it as a family. We usually have at least 6-10 bikes and four wheelers with us. We have been exploring the Valley this way for about 10 years and this is one of my favorite things and something that draws me back to Star Valley.
We also had a chance to go to the Eastern Idaho State Fair. Kent enjoys going to the fair because he always went as a kid since he is from the Blackfoot area. While we were there we told the kids we could ride one ride and so we picked the Ferris Wheel. We were headed to buy tickets when we realized it would almost cost our family $20 just to ride the ferris wheel. We did not want to spend that much on the ride because we still wanted to get fair food and other things. So we explained to the kids that it was too much money and they could just get some cotton candy or something. As we were turning to leave a family came up to us and asked us if we wanted some free tickets because they were headed to the Demolition Derby! They ended up giving us 60 tickets! That is $60 worth. So we did ride the Ferris Wheel as well as a few other ride and ended up giving 10 tickets away because Aly was ready for bed. It is comforting to know that there are kind people out there and Heavenly Father is watching out for us!
On September 7th- Kent turned 30! We had his family over for a dinner after church. With just his local family and my two brothers who live in Rexburg we had almost 40 people over for dinner! I can't believe that we are getting so old. We are grateful for where we are in our lives but definately have many more goals we want to accomplish! I am so grateful for my wonderful Husband!!! He is the best father and I know that he loves me!
I love the beauty and colors of Fall. The weather has been so great here! I HATE the allergies the Fall brings and the snow that is just around the corner. So for now I will just enjoy life one day at a time.



Chandler and Jaden

Grandpa teaching Chandler how to shoot

Baylee,Kezalee and Aly

Me and my Mom- yes we are camping, scary hair and no makeup!

Kent and Aly

No comments: