Saturday, January 10, 2009

Puke

It has been a while since my last post thanks to the nasty flu bug that has been circulating around our house! It started the first week in January and I finally finished us off Yesterday!
It all started when the kids went to play at a friends house and upon picking them up the mom preceeded to tell me they had had the flu all weekend. I hoped we would be able to avoid it, but no such luck. A few nights later Chandler is pukeing his guts out. I must say that I so love that he can make it to the bathroom (even in the middle of the night!) and take care of himself. After 3 days and all of the kids taking their turns I was sure we were though the worst of it and Kent and I had managed to miss it! Chandler made it to the first day of school after the Holidays but only lasted 2 days before he came home with the flu, again! Don't we love public education. This time Kent and I were not so lucky and we both managed to get it.
The night before the kids got sick we had our friends from Rigby over-the Hernandez family. We haven't seen them since we moved and we had so much fun. There son was so funny and kept following Chandler around and calling him Timmy. Unfortunatley we are spreaders of Germs and Hailey managed to get the ucky bug too. (proably didn't help that she was using Keza's lip gloss) So sorry Jessica!

Please do not worry-- we are now bug free and I am a tad obsessed about disinfecting my house when ever some one in our famiy is sick. So all is clear. I am just glad it is over.

5 comments:

Tara Ann said...

Oh my goodness you poor thing!

If it makes you feel a tad bit better my youngest brother managed to get the bug with just days left before school started... so it's going around everywhere!

I'm glad everyone is better now :)

Have a great new year!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

That sucks! You are not the only ones! We all had the flu, and shared it with the WHOLE family! It was not fun! And we have been doing strep also! For that we are not so lucky, no easy fix! Jake and I will be having our tonsils out soon! Let the fun continue!!!I miss seeing you, once we are better we will have to get together!

Bon said...

Sorry to hear that! If I lived closer I would have brought you all some soup!! I am glad to hear you are feeling better though! I have missed your posts!:)

Michelle said...

No fun! We've been doing the same thing, but with colds. Not as bad in most ways, but it lasts longer. We've been taking turns since Thanksgiving, and some of us have had a couple of turns. It's my turn again now, but hopefully I'm the last one.

Jess said...

It seems like that bug has been going around everywhere! Not fun!

I haven't been on your blog in a while, but I really like the pink and browns!