I have decided to do 101 Things about me that I have seen on so many other blogs! So here we go.
1. I love to exercise, but I have no self accountability and am more likely to do it if I have a partner.
2. My neighbor and I walk our dogs (I have a boxer) every morning at 6 am.
3. I love the color pink.
4. I love to be warm. In the winter I will sleep with a warm rice bag under the covers.
5. I LOVE fireplaces (see #4) and miss not having one in the current house we are in.
6. If I find something I like at a restaurant, I rarely ever get anything different. I stick to what I know. Here are a few of my classics: Pecan-crusted chicken salad at Johnny Carinos, Braisened Beef Tortolini @ Olive Garden(I haven't had anything different there for almost 3 years!), and Chinese Chicken Salad @ Iggy's.
7. I love to eat off my husbands plate (he hates it) which is why number 6 works for me!
8. Summer is my favorite season.
9. The fourth of July is my favorite Holiday. Because my birthday is the 3rd, warm weather and fireworks!
10. I love Garage Sales but I am VERY picky about what I buy at them.
11. I love getting a good bargain.(see #10) It gives me warm fuzzies!
12. My favorite Craft store is Roberts, not just because it is such a great store, but because of 50% off Mondays!
13.I hate the D.I. here. It grosses me out.
14. I can spend HOURS in Tai Pan and only buy one thing. I wish there was one closer.
15.I don't believe in white walls and have always painted at least one of the rooms in all of the homes that we have lived in.
16. I have been to Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Montana, Colorado, California, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii and Tijuana Mexico.
17. We went to Hawaii on our honeymoon and I am hoping to go back for our 10 year anniversary.
18. I have lived in Wyoming, Idaho and California.
19. We have moved over 10 times in 7 years. The longest we have lived in one place is 2 years.
20. I like to travel and wish I could do it more.
21. I love the colors of Fall, but really don't like OUT OF CONTROL allergies and the start of cold weather.
19. I am afraid of heights.
20. I love to rock climb! No matter how many times I go, I still have a hard time repelling down. My husband has to convince me to come down.
21. I have a lot of friends in our neighborhood (we have a girls night out every so often) but I don't consider myself to have very many close friends.
22. My best friends are Kent, My mom and Shari.
22. Shari is awesome. We have known each other for 5 years and have been through a lot together and know everything about each other. Strangely enough, we have never lived in the same town or even the same state.
23. I call my mom at least twice a week, usually more if I can make up enough good excuses to talk to her.
24. I have never had to work outside of the home since Chandler was born.
25. I have worked from home now for a year, not because I needed to but because I wanted to.
26. I believe that working from home is ten times harder than going to work. I never get to leave work. Plus, try having your husband as a business partner.
27. I like to read, but don't do it as often as I want. When I start a good book, I can't put it down and so nothing gets done for days.
28. I am a bit of a self-help junkie. I have read a ton of books, taken several classes and spent a lot of money on the idea of becoming a better me!
29. I wish I lived closer to my sister so we could have a better relationship. (Jodi lives in Germany)
30. Kent and I both come from large families. I use to want 5 or 6 kids, now I am thinking 4 would be a nice even number.
31. I love being pregnant. (Just to clarify, I am not pregnant now)
32. I have never carried any of my babies full term. My kids birth weights in order: 4lbs 6 oz, 5 lbs 13 oz, 5 lbs 13 oz (yes, my girls weighed the same!)
33. I am the oldest in my family and Kent is the youngest.
34. I really love the gospel. I wish I was a better person and was more faithful with the day to day things that can make such a big difference.
35. I have a thing about rules. Sometimes to a fault. Rules are NOT meant to be broken.
36. This is going to take a lot longer than I thought!
37. My husbands parents are only a couple years younger than my grandparents and my mom is only a couple of years older than Kent's oldest sister.
38. I really love Kent's family. When we are all together there are over 60 of us-good thing his parents planned ahead and build a big home!
39. I really want to serve a mission with Kent one day. I am hoping for a foriegn country.
40. Lack of Patience is one of my greatest weaknesses.
41. I hate to take baths. All I do is think of all the other things I could be doing, not to mention sitting in your own dirty water?
42. I have really dry, rough skin.
43. Kent has really soft, smooth skin. Go figure.
44. I hate to buy clothes. (Must be the figure that is no more from having 3 kids)
45. I hate shopping in general unless I am in a craft or home decor store OR there is a KILLER sale going on somewhere.
46. I love my family! I could hang out with them all the time. I will spend hours with my mom
at walmart, just to be with her. That is saying a lot. See number 45.
47. I love old Disney movies and Musicals.
48. If I am watching a musical and know the words, I always sing along. I even do it with Disney movies. My kids HATE it.
49. I can watch Pride and Prejudice in one sitting (The original from A&E) No matter how many times I see that movie, I get butterflies wondering if Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth will get together.
50. My husband use to sing a song by Cake to me when we were dating. It is called Stickshifts and Safetybelts. I am listening to it on my playlist and smiling.
51. I love Michael Buble' and would like to see him in concert.
52. I love to sing. I love even more that Kent sings. He is much better than me. I love to sing together.
53. I hate to cook, but I hate baking worse. I have ruined too many things. Kent makes all the cookies around here.
54. I hate to clean, but I love my house to be clean? I go crazy if it is messy for too long.
55. I Hate Cats and will never own one. The smell of their poop is the worst smell in the world!
56. We have had 8 pets in 7 years. One hamster, 2 ferrets, a beta fish and 4 dogs.
57. I like living in Idaho, but hope to end up in Star Valley someday. It might not be until we are retired. :0(
58. Homemade popcorn is the only way to go. My parents bought us a whirly pop one year for Christmas. It makes the best popcorn ever. You can get one at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
59. I spend way too much time on facebook, blogging and reading other peoples blogs.
60. I am not a night person, but I hate to go to bed without Kent. I sleep a lot on the couch while Kent is watching movies.
61. I fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow. I have been known to fall asleep duing conversations with my hubby.
62. I love snow, but hate being cold.
63. I have never been skiing although I grew up only 45 minutes from Jackson Hole Wyoming.
64. I don't like to spend money. I get buyer remorse easily!
65. I love to go to the temple. I don't go enough.
66. I love artichokes.
67. Kent makes the best chocolate chip cookies ever. see number.
68. Bryer's Vanilla bean Ice cream is the best ice cream on the planet.
69. When Kent it home, we never watch TV. When he is gone, I watch way too much TV.
70. We have had only one car for a year now. It has been hard at times, but we have managed.
71. We are currently shopping for another car.
72. I drive a 2007 Chevy Tahoe. I love it. I hate paying for it.
73. My favorite things about the Tahoe are: back up camera, entertainment system (how did we ever live without a DVD player in the car when we were kids?) and leather seats(they make it so easy to clean)
74. I love home decor(see number 14) but I am not a very good decorator, so I don't buy much.
75. My dad makes the best dutch oven peach cobbler. Hands down.
76. I enjoy camping, but I am glad we don't go very often.
78. I LOVE to find a canyon, get on a 4wheeler and ride!
79.Pet peeve- stepping in water with socks on, need I say more?
80.I need a plan, not much for spontaneity .
81.Things need to be neat, If I mess up when writing something i almost always throw it away and start over.
82. I enjoy scrapbooking, but spend WAY too long making just one page, because it has to be PERFECT. If I don't like how a page turns out, I will start all over.
83. Part of what I do for a living is knocking on the doors of people in foreclosure. I have knocked on very scary ghetto houses to mansions.
84. I like hooded sweatshirts, I have worn one everyday this week. (not the same one:0) )
85. I also have a thing for painting furniture. I just painted all of my bedroom furniture black. Looks awesome.
86. Despite my hating to cook or bake, I make pretty DANG good cheesecake. "Secret Recipe"
87. I love babies. I would have 20 kids if they would all stay little.
88. I have the craziest kids ever. They are constantly getting into trouble, yet they are so much fun and I wouldn't trade them for anything.
89. I would like to learn how to use photoshop and more about photography.
90. I wish I had a piano. I really like to play,but am not very good.
91. Sometimes I secretly envy single people who have no one to be accountable for but themselves and don't constantly hear mom,mom,mom,mom,mom,mom,mom,mom,mom,
mom,mom,mom,MOM in the backgound.
92. I love the song "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds. I am currently looking for the sheet music (yes, I know I don't have a piano but you always need to be prepared, right?)
93. I also love Jack Johnson. I could listen to him forever.
94. I can't spell. I love spell check
95.I have an obsession with handwriting and am always looking for fun ways to change mine.
96. I love to spoil my youngest sister. She is 10 years old.
97. I have never had a professional massage before, yet my best friend is a Massage Therapist.
98. My chiropractor told me I will probably have to have a hip replacement in my mid-30s. Yippee.
99. I love Christmas music.
100. I constantly worry about my abilities as a mother and wife.
101. For the most part, I am happy with being me!
5 comments:
You teals & the scrapbooking! lol!! I went to Stephanie's to make a Christmas planner out of scrapbooking stuff... and she spent over an hour trying to figure out how to fold the file folders - I had five folded, and Russ and Travis were napping!
The DI here IS disgusting, but I do go there to look for books.
I LOVE A&E's Pride and Prejudice.
Don't take your chiropractor's word for it. Start healing yourself and tell him to go take a hike. They don't know everything, ya know. And ALWAYS ALWAYS get a second opinion!
"I constantly worry about my abilities as a mother and wife."
Someone needs to redo her homework... LOL!
Thank for sharing such a fun list! I would have been way too serious... :P
Hey Jamie! I just found your blog, I enjoyed reading your 101 list, it's fun to get to know people even better.
Hey! Love your idea!
I am also tagging you! Go to my site and copy and have fun!
That was fun to read and get to know u a little better. SO cute!
I learned so much about you! I loved reading this and love that you are happy being you! You should be! Cause you are fabulous!!:)
Post a Comment