
I just wanted to take a minute and journal about our new addition! This is mainly for me so that I have something to look back on.
The morning of the 25th of August,I started having contractions about 12:30a.m. and decided to start timing them when my water broke at about 1 am. So I got up and called the hospital to let them know I would be coming in in a few hours and called my mom. She was so great to come and help the kids get to school. Luckily school for my brother and sister didn't start until the next day so it worked out perfect for my mom to come. So after I called her I took a shower, tidied up the house and got the kids lunches ready. Then I picked up the fourth Twilight book that I just had started reading and read for the next couple of hours while I waited for my mom to come. She got here at about 5 am and we talked for about an hour before Kent and I decided to finally go to the hospital. I was debating on going in because I was not having any contractions. We went in because it had been 5 hours since my water broke. So we got to the hospital and after we got checked in and they checked me (I was dilated to a four)they had me walk around and sit on the birthing ball. Nothing. So Kent slept and I continued to read Twlight (man those books suck you in) while we waited for my contractions to pick up. Finally at noon they checked me again and I was still at a four so they decided to start me on pit. By 3 p.m I was dilated to a 7 and all thoughts of natural childbirth had gone out the window. So I got my epidural (what was I thinking waiting so long!) and I had Deegan at 3:30p.m! The cord was wrapped around his neck which they think is why it took so long to get me going and caused him some stress during labor. He was a little purple for a minute, but pinked up nicely! My nurse-midwife did a great job. I have never been so pain free after having a baby. We are so blessed to have this little guy in our lives and don't know what we would do with out him!
5 comments:
He is a doll! I am so glad that things went smoothly. Congrats and can't wait to meet him.
So absolutely adorable!!! What a cute family you have. :) Congrats my friend!
Congrats! Oh how I love your baby so much! Aww, so sweet and beautiful. Good job you two!!
What a perfect and beautiful baby! Love the name! You two are such great parents. What a blessing that this little guy has such a special family to come to!
Congratulations! He's just adorable! I know you and Kent are very happy! :)
Post a Comment