Friday, August 21, 2009

First Day of School!

So our first day of school turned out very different than we had planned. About a week and a half before school started I got a call from a charter school that I had applied the kids for and they said that they had an opening for Kindergarten. I wasn't sure what to do, but when they told me it was all day Kindergarten, I was hooked! I asked if they had any openings for 2nd grade and if we could get Chandler in and luckily they did. So with not much time to spare, we registered the kids for yet another school. I was glad that they would be starting a new school anyway this year, so I didn't have to convince Chandler to go somewhere his friends are not. We were also lucky because a girl in my ward got her kids in this year also and she has a 2nd grader and a Kindergartner. Now I have someone to car pool with.
This school also has a uniform policy which is something that I had not planned on. Luckily I had not bought many school clothes yet, so we did a lot of last minute shopping, searching for uniforms. I am still not sure that it is my favorite thing, but the kids don't seem to mind. I am impressed with the school so far and if it goes well, then we will keep them there as long as we live here.
We got to start a couple of days earlier than the other schools around. Here is some pictures of their first day!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chase and Kami said...

Crazy that your kids are in school already! This summer has flown by so fast!

Bon said...

That is awesome you got them in. They look so cute! How are you feeling? Any baby yet? soon huh?!

The High Family- said...

That is crazy. Your kids look so big just since the last time I saw them. Can't wait to see baby pics!