I was so excited when the company I work for, Keller Williams Realty volunteered to help with the M.A.D (Making a difference) Marathon hosted by the Osmond Family and the Olive Osmond Perpetual Hearing Fund. Such a great cause and they raised a lot of money to purchase hearing aids for children!
I showed up at 5 am that morning to help with corners and around the tent then got to run my first 5k at 9 am. I am not a runner but I was glad that I can say that I did it. In fact I will probably do another one this summer. At the last minute I also ran the 5k in Kangoo Shoes. I take a class at Apple Athletic Club with the shoes but I had never run a long distance in them. They are suppose to be really good for your joints and you are suppose to burn a lot more calories wearing them. Since I haven't run the race before I can't really compare to running with out them but I felt pretty good after. Crazy, but my abs were sore! Thanks to my awesome friend from work for running with me when she could have easily left me in the dust! ( I am a super slow runner)
Running... or Jumping?
AFTER
My Bossman, Tim .
Tim was the MC for the event








2 comments:
It looks like you had a great time.
Am I the AWESOME friend you were refering to?? BA hahahahaha! :)
Post a Comment